Urtica urens (Urt-u.) is mainly used for skin complaints such as urticaria (hives) and burns. It’s also a useful remedy in types of gout, rheumatism, malaria, shellfish allergy, and agalactorrhea (breast milk deficiency or failure).
- Urticaria from shellfish allergy.
- Urticaria that alternates with rheumatism.
- Itching, burning and stinging hives.
Bites and Stings
- Insect bites and stings that swell, itch and burn.
- First and second degree burns.
Breast and Breastfeeding Problems
- Engorgement following birth.
- Swelling of breasts with burning and stinging.
- Failure of letdown reflex or deficient breast milk production.
Limb and Joint Problems
- Acute gout.
- Rheumatism or bruised pain of the right deltoid muscle.
- Reactions from eating shellfish.
- Urticaria (hives).
- Simple burns.